1055 - Adapting to Change - Workflow Planning and Change Management
We live in a technology driven world. We are bombarded with messages about the technologies that can solve this problem or that problem, and how, if you implement this software, it will be the answer to all your problems (and it often is). However, we sometimes overlook the human factor in managing, implementing, and adapting to a cultural change when technology is changing so fast.
Itâ€™s one thing to implement the software and let it do its thing, but if you donâ€™t have the right processes in place to support it, and the buy-in of your talented staff, it may be doomed for failure.
This session will dive into how to handle Change Management as it relates to the Human Factor, Organizational Change, and providing an Outcomes Driven Culture.
Attend this session and youâ€™ll learn:
Michelle Schneider is a Solutions Engineer with Iatric Systems focusing on the interoperability needs of hospitals, networks, regions and states. Michelle has participated in EMR implementations and conversions, HISP and HIE implementations, EMPI management and, interface management and testing. She is a registered nurse committed to the mission of educating the healthcare community about interoperability as a means to improve patient outcomes. She has been presenting Education Sessions at International MUSE for more than 20 years.
- Change Leadership and Effecting Change â€“ how to communicate the vision and establish direction to get buy-in from your teams
- Implementing Change Management â€“ how to plan, staff, and budget for success
- Managing Human Behavior and the natural instinct to be adverse to change
- Impact on Transitions of Care and why itâ€™s important
- How to define the process for change
- How to communicate and educate to overcome roadblocks
- How to create an outcomes driven culture and the steps to do so
- How to sustain change and create a recipe for success